Wednesday 28 November 2007

An Apology

I wish to apologise to scurrilous rumours - in spite of my doubts you have proven yourself true.

At the risk of repeating myself, can I quote the Electoral Commission again:
Donations from an agent of the donor4.29 If the original source of the donation is someone other than the individual or organisation that transfers the donation to the party, the individual or organisation making the transfer is acting as an agent for the original donor. Where a person acts as an agent in making a donation, they must ensure that the party is given all the relevant information as listed at paragraph 5.5 (Section 54(6)). Transferring a donation to an agent rather than directly to a party must not be used as an attempt to evade the controls on permissibility and transparency.

I say, old chap, run that last line by me again, will you?
Transferring a donation to an agent rather than directly to a party must not be used as an attempt to evade the controls on permissibility and transparency.

So if you're told that you're not allowed to donate to the Labour party in person then you're not allowed to nip off and use a company as a proxy. That would be illegal.

Can I hear Solomon Burke singing?

Scurrilous, scurrilous rumours - and true as well -probably ...

No comments: